My fab family

My fab family

Saturday 6 November 2010

Aliens No More!



I'm proud to announce that Emily and I are now PERMANENT residents of the UK (That's us with our visas in the photo). I'm blogging about it b/c I want the world to know! It has been a gruelling process, I must admit. My husband and I are both very relieved it's over. We are truly a multicultural family! One wouldn't think there would be that many, if any, cultural differences between an American and a Brit but believe me there are (including language)!

Our ultimate goal will be to acquire British passports which is the last and final step in our immigration process. I look forward to the day when Bunny, Emily, Leyla and I can all go through the same immigration line at the airport in London - the one that reads "EU Residents Only"!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That must be the best new year's presents. I know the pain you have to go through and I'm so happy for you that now you've conquered the first hurdle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wondering if you will be writing any more on your blog--I'd be curious to read about your adventures as a non-native speaker raising your kids bilingually!

    ReplyDelete