My fab family

My fab family

Sunday 24 October 2010

En el café


En el café


In my desperate attempt to get out of the house this morning after being on house arrest for three days due to Leyla’s illness, we meandered across the street to Sainsburys, one of our local supermarkets.

Before buying the one very important item we went to Sainsbury’s for, I decided to go to the “café”[1] in Sainsbury’s to fill up on caffeine and cake.

While munching and laughing, here is the vocabulary that Leyla and I used during our little outing:

La Magdalena (the muffin)



      El café con leche (coffee with milk)

La servilleta (the napkin)

                        El plato (the plate)


                         La mesa (the table)

la silla (the chair)



Research shows that in order to commit a vocabulary word to long-term memory you must listen to, see, hear and/or repeat it 80-100 times. Fortunately for us that means many more café trips!


[1] I use the term “café” loosely here as it is in the supermarket therefore completely devoid of any “café” ambiance

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Interesting post. Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I appreciate with this and I like learning about this subject. If possible, as you gain information, please update this blog with more information. I have found it really useful.
    Regards
    Kindergarten Schools

    ReplyDelete